Small Veggie Brush
Another little wonder from our kitchen to scrub your fruits and veggies. It is important to clean them thoroughly to get rid of pesticide and E-Coli bacteria from the skin surface, especially if you eat them with the skin on. You can follow these steps recommended by the FDA:
1. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap before and after preparing fresh produce.
2. Cut away the damaged or bruised areas before preparing or eating.
3. Rinse produce BEFORE you peel it, so dirt and bacteria aren’t transferred from the knife onto the fruit or vegetable.
4. Gently rub produce while holding under plain running water. You can use plain Castile soap to get rid of dirts.
5. Use clean veggie brush to scrub firm produce.
6. Dry produce with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Pictured is Small Veggie Brush made from natural black Ijuk fibers for the bristles and handcrafted teakwood handle.
Photo Credit: Fredhelligh